Choosing to participate in an Albany Cycling Club (ACC) ride/event means you have chosen to be part of a club and to abide by the club’s guidelines and values. Remember… our actions as individual riders reflect upon ACC as a whole and the wider cycling community.
Club membership and at least a recreational cycle licence (which includes insurance) are strongly encouraged for anyone participating in our club rides. Visit the membership page at www.albanycycleclub.com.au for information on membership options.
Albany Cycle Club Values:
Our club values are a reflection of our club’s culture. These values lay the foundation on which the club members will ride and interact together and communicate and behave towards others including the wider community.
1. Safety above all else
Safety is always our number one priority! We encourage and facilitate the safety and well being of our members and the wider community through all club activities and events.
2. The Four “Fs” – Fun, Family, Fulfilment and Fitness
The four “Fs” in our club stand for a sense of
- Fun: Where we remember that while this is a sport we all are passionate about, we ultimately do it to enjoy ourselves and have fun.
- Family: We actively encourage a culture of inclusivity where everyone is welcomed and feels valued for being involved and participating regardless of how fast or slow they are. Non cycling family members are welcome and encouraged at all ACC events and functions.
- Fulfilment: We openly assist and encourage our members to fulfil their goals. We are proud of and celebrate the success of all club members in achieving their goals.
- Fitness: We encourage the adoption of a healthy approach towards developing fitness and a healthy lifestyle as appropriate for the individual concerned.
3. Lasting Relationships
Our over-arching focus is on achieving positive long-lasting relationships among the members of our club, with other clubs, other road users, our State and National cycling bodies and anyone else who comes into contact with our club through our activities. In particular we strive for relationships that cast the club and the general cycling population in a positive light through our positive and responsible behaviour.
4. Developing our members to their full potential
ACC is committed to ensuring that skills, knowledge and talent are proactively identified and developed, and that our members are encouraged to challenge themselves to be the best they can be, in an atmosphere of camaraderie, sporting competition and enjoyment.
It is extremely important to us that we provide events and club activities that are of a high standard and we work hard to deliver what we promise. We will strive to be innovative in our approach and take the time to listen to and understand the needs of our members and other event participants. We have a culture of continuous improvement and we encourage all members to provide constructive comments and contribute their time and effort to the success of our events.
6. Respect for others through sharing duties
We share the duties necessary for the successful running of the club appropriately and responsibly. We communicate in an open, honest and respectful manner, listen and work collaboratively in the best interests of the club and its other members. We respect and acknowledge the work of volunteers and the club committee.